Tomorrow's biggest stories in tech and business begin in Paris at VivaTech.
More than three-quarters* of startups attending Viva Technology report positive business outcomes
Paris, 15 January 2019 – As preparations ramp up for the fourth edition of Viva Technology, which takes place 16-18 May at Porte de Versailles in Paris, a new study confirms that the world’s rendezvous for startups and innovation is on track to accomplish its main mission: helping startups to accelerate their business.
79% of startups surveyed report that their attendance at Viva Technology had a positive impact on their professional activities, particularly when they had a stand at the three-day event (90.2%).
These startups say attendance at VivaTech provided the following overall benefits:
- They made inspirational/rewarding connections (93.7%).
- They effectively monitored markets and new technologies (87.3%).
- They sourced interesting solutions for their business (74.2%).
Among the more specific benefits:
- 84% of the startups met potential investors.
- 34% moved on to the next level and secured investment for their project.
But also, more precisely:
- 47.4% were able to test their business model.
- 44.4% took on board new methodologies (recruiting techniques, international development, fundraising preparation…).
And lastly :
- 90.6% saw an increase in notoriety post-VivaTech.
- 61.2% saw a direct increase in their media coverage.
Where are they now?
A few examples of successful outcomes of startups hosted by VivaTech’s major partners in their Labs** at the 2018 edition:
- Enerbee (energy / connected devices) hosted on the SNCF Lab
Capital raised: EUR 2.2 million in October 2018
- Hivency (influence marketing) hosted on the TF1 Lab TF1.
Capital raised: EUR 2.5 million in October 2018
- Notify (customer relations) hosted on the AccorHotels Lab
Capital raised: EUR 1 million in October 2018
2019 Startup Challenges: Only one month left for applications!
Startups from around the world are invited to apply on VivaTech’s online platform (challenges.vivatechnology.com) with innovative solutions to the Challenges of leading companies in their sectors. The deadline for applications: 15 February 2019. The list of selected startups will be announced in March. Prizes include an exhibition space on a Lab hosted by one of VivaTech’s major partners.
For more information about the 2019 Startup Challenges: https://bit.ly/2ANc0y0
About Viva Technology
Co-organized by Publicis Groupe and Groupe Les Echos, Viva Technology is the world’s rendezvous for startups and leaders to celebrate innovation. This international event, dedicated to the growth of startups, digital transformation and innovation, will take place 16-18 May 2019 at Porte de Versailles, Paris. More than 100,000 visitors attended the third edition, an increase of more than 47% in one year. Viva Technology 2019 will build on this success and will bring together startups, business leaders and executives, investors, academics, students and media from around the globe.
Further information available at www.vivatechnology.com/media and @VivaTech